Setting up of Linksys routers with the help of Cable Internet connection is either progressed by inserting a CD else by manual configuration process of router’s settings. The set can also be taken forward with the help of Linksys Router Tech Support team. It is advisable for users to use the Linksys Connect software for both the Linksys Wi-Fi Routers and Smart Wi-Fi Router connection.
Steps to connecting Linksys router with Cable Internet
Verifying for active internet connection first
Connecting the computer to your cable modem with the Ethernet cable is essential to verify an active connection for internet. Next, users need to check for the computer if it’s receiving Internet signal properly or not and then can proceed to next step. If they are finding any difficulty in moving ahead with this process, then they are welcome to contact their ISP service.
- Connect two devices together Here an example is shown about the Linksys E4200 router which will describe the steps to connect it with the internet cable connection:
- Connect the cable modem to the WAN of the router or to the Internet port first.
- Next, a user is asked to connect their PC to any of the number of the port like (1, 2, 3 or 4).
- If a user is working with the wireless computer, then it is advised to connect it with an Ethernet cable.
- A user will be asked to connect the power adapter of the router to the power outlet section.
- This step is complete which has described about connecting two devices together
- Check the router’s LED
This step comes about the configuration of the Linksys router for Cable Internet connection
Here are the following steps described:
- Web-based setup page should be accessed first. Next, open a web browser and then enter the “192.168.1.1” IP address on the address bar and press “Enter”.
- Users will be asked to enter their login details carefully. One is supposed to leave the |”User name” field blank but entering “admin” on the Password field is mandatory. Next, simply click on the “OK” option.
- Click on the “MAC Address Clone” on the Setup
- Select the “Enabled” option and then click on “Clone My PC’s MAC”.
- Click on the “Save” settings to save all your settings
- Checking the Internet connection status properly
Once “MAC” Address Clone feature has been enabled, Internet status should get an active message immediately. For checking the Internet connection status, follow all the below steps carefully:
- Click on the “Status” tab firs<t.
- Check the Internet IP Address. If numbers are visible on the screen, it simply signifies that the router has been properly configured by the Linksys Router Tech Support
- But if the IP Address values are appearing as “0.0.0”, then a user surely needs to call on Linksys Customer Support Number for proper IP address configuration. They will examine the problem occurred and will simply click on “Release IP Address” and then on the “Renew IP Address” buttons.
Our Linksys Support Number service is available for different group of customers using different kind of routers worldwide. We work 24 hours a day to meet their daily demands for various workings issues faced by them. We believe in customer satisfaction and have the best track record of the highest success rate to identify customer’s problem and solve them instantly with successful results. If you are looking to contact Linksys Router Support Phone Number +1-888-609-5383 for online assistance to resolve your problems, you can call us on our toll-free contact and we will get back to you with an immediate online tech support service with the best customer care support solution ever at very reasonable charges.