The new era is looking out for the best and exclusive technological features. Speaking of the router, people prefer Linksys for flawless Internet connectivity. But the Linksys router also consists of some typical drawbacks. For instance, the difficulty in resetting the password. So what could be the 5 ways to reset Linksys router password? Read on to know about it.
Reset Linksys router password is quite an easy task. But, if you are not tech-savvy, then this process may be a little difficult for you. That is when our technical support comes into play. Our tech support team can help you with easy instructions to reset the Linksys router password.
Here five ways or methods are provided for the readers to Reset Linksys Router Password as described by the Linksys support.
Why Would You Need To Reset Linksys Router Password?
The most common scenario is the hacking of your router’s password. In that case, it would be a wise idea to reset the password for online security.
The possible causes could be due to an internal hardware fault of your router. Otherwise, it could be the fact that maybe the router itself is serving a poor network service. However, we have the best solutions to resolve those shortcomings.
Again, the most prevalent cause is that the internet connection you are utilizing in the router has expired. In that case, you will simply need to re-establish the same server connection.
Methods to Reset Linksys Router Password
Method 1: Making a Wi-Fi Network Password
- At Linksys router admin screen, you need to click in the Security tab.
- Select a security alternative.
- Then Click at the Wireless tab, and from there click at the “Wireless Settings” tab.
- In the configuration view, you need to click at manual radio button.
- Select a security setting and then select the security type.
- Enter the password and click at “Save Settings”.
- Then connect to the internet via Linksys wireless router.
Method 2: Reset Linksys Router
- Switch on the router.
- Then reset the router by pressing and holding the reset button for ten seconds.
- Switch off the router and switch it on again.
- Now unplug the router to switch it off, then wait for thirty seconds, and then plug it back. This is known as power cycling.
- Next, connect the router to the PC using an Ethernet cable.
Method 3: Login to the Linksys Router
- Launch a web browser.
- Visit the router administrations screen by typing http://192.168.1.1/
- Then input “admin” in the user-id and password field.
Method 4: Admin Password Setting with a Cable Modem
- Modify your user-id and password.
- Then visit the MAC Address Clone tab and click at “Setup” tab, and next click on “MAC Address Clone”.
- Assign the MAC address for the router and click at the “enabled radio” button.
- Then click at “Save Settings”.
- Search IP Address. If you view numbers such as 0.0.0.0, then the setup is correct.
Method 5: Admin Password Setting With a DSL Modem
- Click the drop down menu in Internet Connection and then click on PPPoE.
- Input user-id and password offered by your ISP and click at “save” settings.
- Modify the name of Wi-Fi network.
- Then click on “Connect” in Internet Connection section.
Related Blog : Get Easy Steps To Reset Linksys Router
Contact Us +1 888-816-7965 For Further Assistance Related to Router:
Dial our toll-free number +1 888-816-7965 any time, round the clock to get quick online remote assistance for any kind of technical problems related to the Linksys Routers. If you are looking to change Linksys Router password then please get in touch with our Linksys Router support team to get the best Linksys customer support at highly reasonable charges.
Our round the clock available call support is here for you to contact us. Therefore, if you want to interact with us, then make a call at our Linksys Support Number. Our team will immediately consult with you with the time-bound resolutions.
If in case you are getting a busy tone while lining up with us, then you can opt for another option. We offer the provision of mail. You may easily go for it in terms of urgency. Or you can also live chat with us on our Live Chat Portal. We will respond immediately.