Linksys routers are quite famous among its users. It is excellent in design and convenient for use. It also provides a global platform for playing online games and transfers files over the internet. One can also create websites on his own server. For this, you have to enable the Linksys smart WiFi DMZ feature. But, most of the people are unable to make use of this feature. Thus, this article will let you know how to enable this feature in a short span of time.
DMZ or even it is known by the name as “Demilitarized Zone”, is a physical as well as logical subnet feature which exposes an organization’s external facing services to larger and non-trusted network; usually you can say that it is the internet. As study conducted by Linksys router support experts, it is a way to easily enhance the connectivity and performance process over the internet to help electronic signals bypass the strict firewall and other router security features. It further opens all the ports for exceptionally faster delivery of various data packets. To Enable The DMZ On Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account, just read the steps are given below.
What is the “Linksys smart Wifi DMZ”?
DMZ stands for Demilitarized Zone. This feature allows “one device in your network to be stripped of its external firewall and be exposed completely to the internet.”
It is a physical subnetwork which helps to expose an organization’s external-facing service to a usually larger and non-trusted network, usually the internet. But it also comes with a disadvantage and that makes your device unsafe. It is because it enables your device open to all. Thus, it leads to hacking or attack of ransomware.
It is commonly used when users want to build a dedicated server on their devices such as a computer in the home network which helps them host a personal website. Or it also enables them to host a game server. As a matter of fact, most of the users prefer Linksys smart WiFi DMZfor playing games online.
Precautions while enabling the DMZ feature in the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router:
Precautions1: Static IP address
- If users are working with the IP address then they should be sure to set up a proper “static IP address” to the computer which they wish to expose as the IP address may definitely change if it is set to DHCP.
Precautions2: DHCP reservation
- If a users is working with the DHCP reservation feature, then can use it, instead of setting up of a static IP address on the computer.
Steps to Enable The DMZ On Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account
Step1: Smart Wi-Fi Account
- As advised by Linksys router technical support team, it is essential to create a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account.
- Selection of the “Security” option from the “Router settings” on the “Navigation pane” is essential task.
- Next, on the security screen, just select the “DMZ” feature from the tabs and then click on the button to turn the DMZ feature “on”.
Step4: Source IP Address
- Selections of the option for the “Source IP Address” are essential task and then enter all the correct values that are required by you.
Step5: Destination IP Address
- Next, similar to “Source IP Address”, just enter the “Destination IP Address”. This will b e the IP Address of the user’s computer which they have set up for the “DMZ” feature.
- At last, simply click on the “Apply” button to save all the available changes
- Click on the “OK ‘button to exit.
Another Steps to Enable Your Linksys Smart Wifi DMZ Account In Easy Steps
Here are the most basic methods to enable DMZ on your Linksys router. But before applying this method, you have to set a static IP address to the computer you want to expose. Now follow the steps mentioned below to enable the DMZ.
Step1– Firstly, login to your Linksys smart WiFi account.
Step2– Choose security which you get in router settings on the navigation panel.
Step3– On the security screen you will get DMZ. Choose that from the tabs and after that click on the “Turn On” button which helps you to turn on the DMZ feature
Step4– In this step choose the option for Source IP address and enter the values required correctly.
Step5– Now enter the “Destination IP address”. This would be the IP address which you have set up for enabling the DMZ.
Step6– At the end tap on Apply button which enables you to save the changes and then tap on OK to exit.
If you have any further queries or if you are facing any such Linksys router issue, please contact to Linksys router customer support department to get in touch with our technicians.
We have highly qualified engineers and experts technicians. They deal with these kinds of issues on a regular basis. We always take the minimum possible time and charge a reasonable price for our services. We ensure you that our service will be in your budget.
You can place a call at our customer support number. You can talk to our experts and discuss the issues. They will help you with the best possible solutions.
Additionally, you can e-mail your queries regarding the issue. Our engineers will get back to you in no time.
Our Live Chat Service Is Also Available
This is the best alternative to connect with us. You can chat with our experts and ask for the solutions. They will analyze your problem and provide you with the most advanced technical solutions. It will help you to get rid of the problem with ease.