The Linksys E2500 provides superior wireless speed and great dual-band technology to give an excellent performance for households. Simultaneous dual-band technology increases the network bandwidth and allows avoid network interference, enabling smoother and faster media streaming, and file transfers.
The setup process is very easy and can be done manually on your PC. Here we will discuss how to set up Linksys E2500 wireless router on your computer.
Step-By-Step Process to Setup Linksys E2500 Wireless Router
Before going to the Linksys e2500 setup process, you need to check the internet connection. It should be strong.
Now follow the under mentioned steps carefully:
Step 1 – Make the Hardware Connection
First of all, we will need to make the connections to the router as well as the modem and the device. Before connecting, you need two Ethernet cable for the setup process of the Linksys E2500 wireless router. The following steps will help you:
- Place the router near to the modem and power supply outlet. Plug the power cord to the power supply and turn it on.
- Connect the internet modem to the internet port or WAN port on the Linksys router.
- Now there are four Ethernet ports on the Linksys router. Connect your computer to one of the four ports on the Linksys router with an Ethernet cable. After that, check the status of the lights.
Step 2 – Open the Login Page
Now once the connections are made, open the Linksys router login page on your computer. To do this:
- On your computer, open a web browser.
- On the web browser, type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and then press the Enter button.
- Now, it will ask you for the Username and Password to log into the Linksys router.
- Now, the default password of the Linksys E2500 router is Admin and leave the Username blank. So, do not type anything in the Username box and type Admin into the Password field. After that, click on the login option to enter the Linksys router login page.
Step 3 – Configure Internet Connection Settings
Once you are logged in to the Linksys router, you will find the setup page of this router will display on the screen. Now, first of all, you will need to change the internet connection settings of the Linksys router. Perform the following steps:
There are many internet connection settings like Automatic Configuration – DHCP, Cable Internet Service Provider(ISP), DSL service provider with PPPoE, and Internet service provider with a Static IP address. Select any type of internet connection from the Internet Setup section.
For Cable ISP
- On the Setup page, go to the Mac Address Clone tab and select the Enabled radio button.
- Click on the Clone My PC’s MAC option to copy it on your device.
- Put the number and then click on the Save Settings option.
For DSL ISP with PPPoE Connection
- Select the Internet connection type to PPPoE.
- Enter the Username and Password and then click on the Save Settings option.
- Choose Static IP address.
- Put the Static IP address and then click on the Save Settings option.
Automatic Configuration – DHCP
The default internet connection type is Automatic Configuration – DHCP. Keep the settings to DHCP if your ISP supports DHCP or if you are using a dynamic IP address. If it has a number then the router should be connected. If there is a 0 0 0 0 then click on the Renew IP Address button and enter the IP address. After that, click on the Save Settings option.
Once you are done with the internet connection settings, now you can try to access the internet on your computer.
Step 4 – Wireless Network Settings
After setting the internet connection now we will go through the wireless settings. Here we will change the wireless network settings of the router. To do this:
- From the Linksys setup page, navigate to the Wireless tab. Now, you will see the sub-tab Basic Wireless settings.
- On the Basic Wireless Settings tab, check the box Manually.
- In the manual section, there will be two different wireless networks on this router. One is 5GHZ and another one is 2.4 GHz. Change the Network Mode to Mixed.
- Afterward, type the wireless network name(SSID) into the Wireless network (SSID) field for both the networks and make the SSIDs different so that you can easily identify them.
- Keep the channel on auto and SSID broadcast must be Enabled and then click on the Save Settings option.
Step 5 – Set the Wireless Security Settings
Now you will need to set the wireless security for the Linksys E2500 router. Go through these steps:
- Go to the Wireless tab and click on the Wireless Security sub-tab.
- Change the Security Mode to WPA Personal or WPA2 Personal and then enter the password or passphrase. You can keep the same password for both the networks. After that, click on the Save Settings option.
After performing these steps, try to connect to the WiFi on your computer. So, go to the Network icon on the taskbar and choose your SSID (Wireless network) name, click on it. After that, enter the password and then connect. Now you should be able to access the internet on your computer.