Linksys RE3000W Extender increases the range of the internet and reduces the dead spots. It must be connected to the power outlet to increase wireless internet connectivity. It covers a range of up to 5000 sq.feet.
In addition, it has a single wireless band of 2.4 GHz and a speed of up to 300 Mbps to extend the WiFi. Moreover, it also has an Ethernet port that permits you to establish a wired connection to your computer or laptop. The Linksys re3000w setup process is very simple and can be done easily.
How To Setup Linksys RE3000W Wireless Range Extender
Below we are going to provide two processes for the Linksys extender setup re3000w. Let’s take a look at them.
Setting Up the Linksys RE3000W Wireless Range Extender from Official Website
You can set up the connection of the Linksys RE3000W Extender on your computer from the official website. To know more about it follow these steps given below:
- At first, place the extender near to the WiFi. Connect the Linksys extender to the power outlet.
- Now the green light will turn on. On your computer, connect the Linksys Extender Setup Wifi network.
- After that, go to the web browser and type 192.168.1.1 or Extender.Linksys.setup in the address bar and then press the Enter button.
- Type the password Admin and leave the username blank and then click on the login option. After that, follow the on-screen directions to complete the setup.
- When the Linksys Wireless Range Extender screen appears, click on the Start option and then click on I agree.
- Choose your SSID or Wireless network name and then enter the password.
- Click on the Next option to connect it. Now the extender will be connected to the network. After connecting, you will see a confirmation message will display on the screen that says “ Your Linksys extender is now set up.”
Setting Up the Linksys RE3000W Extender Connection Using the WiFi Protected Setup
Wifi protected setup makes it easy to connect your Linksys RE3000W Extender to the wireless network and connect other devices to the network through the extender.
Connect the Linksys RE3000W Extender to a Router
If the router supports the WiFi Protected Setup, then you can use the WPS button to connect the range extender to the router. There are two ways you can connect the extender to the router.
Connecting with the WiFi Protected Setup Button
- Connect the extender to the power source and make sure that the green lights are on.
- After that, press the WPS button on the extender.
- Press and hold the WPS button on the router.
- Once the connection is done, you can see the green light blinks. Now the connection between router and range extender should be successful.
Connecting with the WiFi Protected Setup Pin
The WiFi Protected Setup PIN can be found on the product label on the back of the extender. You can use this method if your access point’s or router’s administrator utility has a WiFi Protected Setup screen. The following steps will help you:
- Put the Extender’s PIN on the router’s Wi-Fi Protected Setup screen.
- Click on the Register option.
- Once the connection is done, the WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) lights on from the extender.
Connecting Devices to the Network through the Linksys Range Extender
There are two ways in which you can connect the device to the wireless network through the Linksys range extender.
Using the WiFi Protected Setup
If the client device supports WiFi Protected Setup then follow the directions as instructed below:
- Press the WPS button on the client device.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- When the connection is complete, the WPS light from the extender will be solid.
Using the Client Device’s PIN
If your client device has a WiFi Protected Setup PIN then use it to connect the device.
- Type the PIN on the client device in the box from the Extender’s WiFi Protected Setup screen.
- Then click on the Register option. After completing the connection, the WPS light from the extender will be solid for 5 seconds.